Friday, December 7, 2007

Right to Live

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about the most important political issue to me: abortion. On Facebook, there is an application that is called "Take a Stand" that allows you to voice your opinion on different political issues. It is an application that I, and a few friends of mine, have added. One of those friends has stated the following under Abortion:

"My conscience would not allow me to do it personally, but I do think the woman should have the right to choose."

Okay, I understand that some people have that viewpoint, but then look at what she writes under Capital Punishment:

"I am against it. We are humans and errors do occur. One innocent person dying is one too many, and it hasn't been just one."

Excuse me? Read those two quotes over and ask yourself it makes sense. To say that you're okat with abortion, yet capital punishment is taking the life of an "innocent person."

I take a strongly conservative position on abortion, but I tend to be more liberal with capital punishment. I am pro-life all the way. No one has the right to take away a human life. I think to favor one and not the other is hypocritical. But, staring at the political divide on these "life" issues, which of these sounds more atrocious?

1) For the very conservative: "I believe that an unborn child should be given a chance to live, but a convicted murderer deservers to die.
or
2) For the very liberal: "I believe that a convicted murderer should be given a chance to live, but an unborn baby should not if it is inconvenient for the mother."

The choice is obvious, and while most pundits will argue about rape incidents and a mother's health, take a look at these latest statistics: 1% of abortions are done because the woman was raped, .5% of abortions are done because of cases of incest, about 3-5% of abortions are done because of endangerment to a woman's health. That's it! That means over 90% of all abortions are because it was inconvenient to a woman who was unable to keep her legs closed!

The way I see abortion is as follows: let's say you have to get a new heart and the only one that would be a match would be your son or daughter's. Would you have them killed, so you can use their heart and live a little longer?

The choice is clear...this isn't about a woman choosing to have a child or not. This about choosing whether or not there is any value to the future of mankind. Abortion, my friends, is more of a threat to our direct future than any other, supposed "man-made" problem.

Unlike global warming, abortion is already happening, and has been PROVEN to end a human life.

4 comments:

Brandon & Paula said...

AHHHH ITS YOU!!!
I GOT U INTO THE CULT!!!
IM SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:]
welcome

Anonymous said...

Hey Gab! Welcome to blogspot. :-)

Anyway, I agree with you about the abortion thing. And it's true, it doesn't make sense to be against capital punishment and not abortion.
Although, I would have to say that I am not for capital punishment either. I just don't see how killing someone will bring about justice. I think God will bring everyone and everything to justice in His time.

I don't know...just some thoughts.

Merari said...

hi! i saw you on Paula's page.

Well, i somehow agree with you. I am completely against abortion, yet i would never make it illegal. As a woman, i feel gov't should not be able to tell me what i can or cannot do (within bounds of reason, of course). I'm also against capital punishment, for the reasons Kristel gave.

What we need is for people to start being responsable!

i won't hold my breath, lol.

Gabby said...

i'm with you guys...i'm personally against both forms of killing

but i think that the fed should stay out of it and left up to each individual state