Friday, December 7, 2007

Random Thoughts About my Friends

I have been meaning to say this to each of my friends for a very long time...

You are, by far, one of the greatest gifts that I have in life. You guys really are up there along with my family and with my faith. You are so important to me, and I am very grateful to have each and every one of you ride along with me as we venture through this life.

Thank you for always being there for me.
Thank you for always caring about what it is I have to say.
Thank you for re-assuring me whenever you agree with me.
Thank you for telling me that you disagree with other things that I say.
Thank you for bringing out the laughter in me, including when times are gloomy.
Thank you for keeping things light, because life is far too short to take everything seriously.
Thank you for being the "water" that puts out my "fire" when I am not having one of my better days.

Even when it may be days, or even weeks since we last spoke, I can call you up and our relationship is not strained.

If we've ever argued, I'm glad that we did, because it only made us closer and stronger.

I'm glad that we are not perfect, because it takes imperfect pieces to put together a jigsaw puzzle.

We may disagree on many things - lifestyle, politics, faith, right/wrong, relationships, what we may think of other people, etc. - but there is one thing that we can agree on.

You are my friends, and I thank God for you everyday. I love you guys, and I look forward to trying to return the favor by being as good a friend to you.

Thanks again,
Gabby

No comments: