Friday, February 5, 2010

What Pizza Can Teach Politicans

I know a lot of people who exclusively turn to Fox News for their news, and I know those who turn exclusively to MSNBC. I, like other people, prefer CNN over the other two (I'm not a big fan of overtly biased news coverage). Saying that, each of the competing networks provides me with at least one show that I like watching on their respective networks. I'm a fan of Glenn Beck's show on Fox News (though I prefer the radio host Glenn Beck [the more libertarian kind of guy] over the Fox News version of Glenn Beck [the more...Fox News-y kind of guy]). And over on MSNBC, I enjoy watching Morning Joe.

A couple of weeks ago, as I was watching Joe, they aired Domino's Pizza's commercial, "The Pizza Turnaround" which you can view below. I started thinking how much better shape this country would be in if more politicians would air ads like Dominos Pizza. Instead of trying to ram agendas while keeping the truth from reaching the eyes and ears of the public, what if they would actually talk about the complaints that have been made, and then prove that they are trying to reverse their errors?

President Obama has called for a greater sense of bipartisanship in Washington. But this doesn't mean that politicians cannot disagree. This means that dialogue should be kept civil and sometimes, the two sides have to compromise in the middle. While I am not the biggest fan of moderation (as my political beliefs may seem radical to many), I think it's time for politicians to attempt to save whatever dignity and humanity remains in the nation's capital, and in all the state and local governments across the country.

Enjoy the video.



No comments: